Il Casalone


Itinéraires pour de merveilleuses excursions

Arrival date
Nights
Rooms
Adults
Children
Customer code
Special code

Les principaux événements dans et autour de Montepulciano

Environs


Pienza

Pienza
Son nom originel était « Castello di Corsignano », mais puis ce village a pris le nom actuel en honneur du Papa Pio II Piccolomini, qui a commencé sa restructuration, pendant la seconde moitié du 1400, en cherchant de concrétiser l’imagine utopique de ville idéale. Tout le bourg est à visiter, mais à ne pas perdre absolument sont la Cathédrale, avec ses trésors artistiques comme les œuvres de Giovanni di Paolo, Matteo di Giovanni del Vecchietta, di Sano di Pietro, et l’autel de marbre attribué au Rossellino, l’architecte qui a eu la charge de redessiner le village. Tout près de la Cathédrale il y a le « Musée diocésain », où on peut admirer oeuvres de l’école artistique du Sodoma et de Sano di Pietro, tapisserie flamants du 1400 et 1500. Quelques mètres plus avant, il y a le magnifique Palais Piccolomini, édifié sur projet des architectes Bronzino et Beccafumi. En aval de Pienza se développe encore le paysage charmant du « Parc artistique naturel et culturel de la Vallée d'Orcia », avec calanques, champs ondulés et ses fameuses corniches crétacées.

Cortona

Cortona
One of the twelve cities of the Etruscan League-substantial fragments of its primitive cyclopean defences can still be seen, incorporated in the medieval walls. Apart from a few fine Renaissance palaces, the prevailing character of Cortona's architecture is medieval, conferring on the steep narrow streets a strong sense of atmosphere. The city is commandingly situated (altitude 600 metres) and there are magnificent panoramas to every point of the compass, embracing the whole of the Val di Chiana. Prominent among many art works of various periods in the Museo dell'Accademia Etrusca are the Etruscan Chandelier known as the "lamp of Cortona", one of the most celebrated bronzes of antiquity, and the "Polyhymnia Muse", an encaustic painting of the Roman era, of Remarkable beauty. The Museo Diocesano displays works by Luca Signorelli, distinguished Renaissance painter and native of Cortona, and a much-admired "Annunciation" by Beato Angelico.

San Quirico d'Orcia et Bagno Vignoni

San Quirico
D’origine étrusque, ce village eut importance grâce à la voisine « Via Franchigena ». Frédéric Barberousse en 1154 y accueilli les ambassadeurs du Papa Adrian IV et cet évent est rappelé avec la « fête du Barberousse », le troisième dimanche de juin. En 1167 le Vicariat Impériale eut siège ici. La Florence de Cosimo I de' Medici l’acquis en 1559. La Collégiale des Saints Quirico et Giuditta est en style romain: elle présente trois portaux et celui à midi est attribué à Giovanni Pisano ; à l’intérieur il y a le polyptyque de Sano di Pietro et un choir du 1432-1502. Palais Chigi remonte au siècle XVII. « Horti Leonini » (siècle XVI) est peut-être le premier exemple de jardin à l’italienne: de août à octobre se développe l’exhibition de sculpture « Forme dans le vert ». L’église paroissiale de S. Maria Assunta a été construite sur les restes d’un temple pré-chrétien. L’intérieur de l’église de S. Francesco garde deux statues en bois polychromes et une Madonna Robbiana. Le faubourg de BAGNO VIGNONI était déjà connu au temps des Romains pour les eaux bénéfiques qui jaillint à une température de 50 °C et sont contenues dans une grande vasque, au centre du petit village, en lui donnant un aspect très suggestif. Un petit sanctuaire, près les arcades à côté de la vasque, est dédié à Sainte Catherine de Sienne. Le château de Vignoni domine le village et on peut le rejoindre soit de San Quirico soit de Bagno Vignoni, en suivant un parcours naturaliste qu’on peut faire aussi à pied.

Chianciano Terme

Chianciano
Une entre les localités thermales plus connues et importantes d’Italie, aux ses eaux est liée la présence d’un établissement humain qui a porté à la constitution d’un grand centre étrusque-romain.. Importante témoignage a été la découverte d’un complexe thermal monumental pendant la fouille de la localité « Mezzomiglio ». Beaucoup de pièces, qui remontent à l’époque étrusque et romaine, sont visibles au Musée Archéologique « Delle Acque ». La ville touristique-thermale est naît à coté du village médiéval de Chianciano, qui propose petits trésors de l’art romane et de la Renaissance: c’est possible de voir certaines œuvres – comme les peintures d’école siennese et florentine réalisées par les disciples de Duccio di Buoninsegna et Arnolfo di Cambio – au « Musée d’art sacre » chez le Palais de l’Archiprêtré. Le village de Chianciano ( 550 m. snm) est plongé dans vastes forêts de chênes, hêtres, chênes verts et châtaigniers, parmi la Valdichiana et la Vallée d'Orcia où on peut encore admirer l’environnement toscan et bastions, châteaux et abbayes. Cette nature, encore sans tache, est la corniche des fameuses sources thermo-minérales.

Montalcino

Montalcino
Le village de Montalcino (564 m. snm) est situé sur le sommet d’un col et domine les vallées d’Orcia, d'Arbia et d'Ombrone. En se promenant dans ses rues, on peut admirer – en addition aux merveilleux panoramas – beaucoup de constructions médiévales, ainsi comme l’Hôtel de ville, une construction en pierre décorée par armoiries et surmontée par une haute tour et arcades monumentales avec arcs gotiques en plein cintre. La Cathédrale est en style néoclassique et a été construite sur une église paroissiale du 1000, dans laquelle chapelle du Baptistère on garde intéressants sculptures. Il y a encore les églises de Sant' Agostino (gotique-romane) Sant'Egidio (aussi nommée église des Siennois) qui remonte aux premiers ans du siècle XIV et l’église de San Francesco, avec tour quadrangulaire. Musée Civique – Madonna avec Enfant et saints Giovanni et Pietro, terre-cuite Robbiana du 1507; S. Sebastiano, autre terre cuite Robbiana du siècle XV. Musée Archéologique – pièces de l’époque paléolithique, néolithique, du bronze et du fer, chasses et vases étrusques. Musée Diocésain – Crucifié romaine des premiers ans du siècle XIII; parties du polyptyque de Luca de Tommè; Madonna avec Enfant de l’école de Duccio di Buoninsegna.

Castiglione d'Orcia

Castiglione d'Orcia
The territory of the commune of Castiglione is situated in the middle of the valley of the river Orcia and therefore in the Artistical, Natural and Cultural Park of Orcia valley. Here the natural environment has remained, on the whole, unchanged, and both the agriculture and the woodlands are carefully tended to.Grape vines and olive groves cover the hillsides around Castiglione producing wine and above all, an excellent olive oil. The villages within this commune all have their own individual cheracteristics and are rich in history and culture. Castiglion d'Orcia is a pretty village which is said to be the birthplace of the 15th century artist Lorenzo di Pietro or “il Vecchietta”, and there is a beautiful well which bears his name. Also worth a visit is the Romanesque Church of S. Maria and the Parrocchiale, where important works by Pietro Lorenzetti, Simone Martini, Giovanni di Paolo, Segna di Bonaventura, il Vecchietta and other artists of his school. Rocca d'Orcia is a delightful medieval Hamlet, on the outskirts of Castiglione, which is dominated by the imposing Rocca a Tentennano, where Saint Caterina of Siena stayed. Bagni San Filippo is a thermal resort with sulphurous waters which are considered amongst the best in Europe are used in mud, inhalation and irrigation treatments. Other fraction of the commune is Campiglia d'orcia, positioned below a tall bell tower built on a rocky spur. The medieval castle, belonged to the Visconty family, merits careful restoration for its panoramic position alone.

Chiusi

San Quirico
Déjà connu pendant la période étrusque, le village de Chiusi vit sa période de splendeur sous le légendaire roi Porsenna. Très importantes pièces des fouilles archéologiques, qui sont toujours en train de continuer, sont visibles au « Musée Archéologique National Etrusque». En face du Musée il y a la Cathédrale, déjà édifiée en XII.siècle et transformée en 1585; adjacent à la construction a été fondé pendant les années ’30 le Musée de la Cathédrale, qui garde des importantes pièces parmi lesquelles des précieux missels enluminés. Dans ce territoire on a découvert plusieurs tombes étrusques: celle nommée de la Pèlerine, celle du Singe, du Léon et beaucoup d’autres. Le christianisme se répandit très rapidement dans ce territoire; une épreuve sont les Catacombes de Santa Mustiola et de Santa Caterina. En plus aux catacombes, c’est possible de visiter le « labyrinthe de Porsenna », un enchevêtré système de galeries, qui mène à la Citerne qui remonte au I siècle d.C.. Pour tout cela, mais aussi pour ses attractions naturelles, Chiusi est en train de développer une forte vocation touristique. Un important attrait est le Lac de Chiusi, en aval du village : c’est une tranquille pièce d’eau où on peut faire de la pêche sportive ou du bird watching.

Castiglione del Lago

Castiglione del Lago
Etruscan times the Castiglione area, ruled by Chiusi, was primarily dedicated to the production of wheat. Around the 7th century A.D. the promontory proved to be a formidable defensive outpost for the Byzantine Duchy of Perugia against the neighbouring Longobard territory of Tuscany. Later Arezzo, Cortona and Perugia fought for the possession of Castiglione, which was finally subjected by Perugia. In the 1617 Castiglione became a duchy until 1648, when the area was taken over by the Apostolic Chamber of the Papal States. Rocca del Leone. This fortress, probably designed by Frate Elia Coppi, was built in 1247. The Pentagonal walls are sectioned off by four square and one triangular towers. Palazzo della Corgna. The 16th-century architect Jacopo Barozzi, called "Il Vignola", built this structure incorporanting the ancient houses of the formerly-powerful Baglioni family and the existing defensive walls. The covered battlements that connect the Palace to the Fortress add to the typically feudal atmosphere of the place. The Niccolò Circignani, called "il Pomarancio", began painting in 1574 in the "Hall of the Feats of Ascanio della Corgna" and continued in the "Hall of the Feats of Ascanio della Corgna" and continued in the "Hall of the Judgements of Paris" and in the "Hall of the Fall of Phaeton". He and Giovanni Antonio Pandolfi painted the "Room of the Aeneid". The bizarre decoration of the "Room of the Metamorphoses" are particularly interesting.

Monticchiello

Monticchiello
Monticchiello os a pretty medieval village in the heart of the Val d'Orcia, which origins lose themselves in the time.The first official document dates back to the 973, when the marquis Lamberto Aldobrandesco surrendered the castle to the Badia Amiatina for a conspicuous sum of money. In the following years Monticchiello will belong to the Roman church and particularly to the Teutonici riders (until 1230), that being an order accustomed to fight, resulted proper to administer a territory of frontier. The first document relating the free Commune of Monticchiello brings the date of the 1243. From this moment, for beyond three centuries, the castle remained faithful to Siena until his capitulation in 1559 with the Frank-Spanish war, becoming, like the whole state of Siena, part of the Granducato of Tuscany. After five centuries the Commune of Monticchiello came under the jurisdiction of the Commune of Pienza in 1777.
Teatro Povero di Monticchiello
The poor Theater of Monticchiello, born in 1967, realizes a life and culture experience particularly interesting. The inhabitants of the place, in fact, from the end of July for almost all month long of August, put in scene a drama, in the main square of the village, with daily replicas, that is completely written, directed and staged by themselves; the same staff creates also the music and the scenery. In the last years the performances, "recited" in the typical Val d'Orcia dialect; have been divided in two parts, the first concerning experiences of the past country life during the first half of the 20th century, the second dramatising themes of current events. The theatrical experience of the people of Monticchiello from "popular experiment" has become a meaningful example of making theatre in Italy, with flattering judgments of public and review.

Cetona

Cetona
On the eastern slopes of the mountain bearing the same name, Cetona has retained its medieval structure, whith roads, alleys and stairways all leading to the fortress which dominates it. The local economy is mainly agricultural, but tourism as also been actively developed. Many famous people from the words of economics, theatre, fashion and culture live here in their renovated country homes and villas. Whitin only 5 km of the town can be found one of the oldest settlements in central Italy, dating back 40.000 years, and today known as the Parco archeologico naturalistico di Belverde. There are 25 prehistoric caves and the largest of these Saint Francis prayed. The Museo Civico contains remains from the bronze age collected from the area around the caves. In the next village, piazze, the romanic Collegiate church contains frescos by Pinturicchio.

Les principaux événements dans et autour de Montepulciano